Sunday, May 19, 2013

My first assignment - United Emigrants of Shelton

This was my first ever assignment from a newspaper.  I made rookie mistakes.  I did not get names for all the kids and I did not have my cut lines in a separate file.  The editor said "We can use these", I think that's high praise for a newspaper editor.  Later he sent me an email explaining to me how to write cut lines.

Photo joke:
Q. What is the difference between “street photography” and photojournalism?
A. Cutlines.
Joke borrowed from:  Small Town Photojournalism   

One of my pictures was featured on the front page of the newspaper, so it was a proud moment for me.

United emigrants of Shelton

This one made the front page

My first ever attempt at sports photography, this one was printed


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some feedback!