Thursday, January 29, 2015

Hood Canal Salmon Center volunteer appreciation potluck


  The slow season is here but I have been keeping my fairly busy.  I photographed The Hood Canal Salmon Center's volunteer appreciation potluck.  One picture was printed.  The paper has found a huge archive of large format negatives from the 50's and 60's and they are printing them a few at a time.  Maybe those old photos are competing for ink with my new photos.

No one knows who took the old photos.  It seems to me that pro photographers in that era don't get credit for their photos now, unless they scratched their names into the negatives then.  That was the modern day equivalent of the digital water mark.



Isabella Giordano, 1, sleeps on Joey Giordano's shoulder, before the Hood Canal Salmon Center's volunteer appreciation potluck Saturday January 2015 at the Victor Improvement Club.  The Hood Canal Salmon Center sponsored the event, which recognized individuals for their time and efforts.  
Yes, I have a fast F/2.8 lens now but that does not mean I need to shoot in F/2.8 all the time, or does it?  It's hard for me to resist.  The next lens that I want is a 70-200 F/2.8.  I'll have to save my pennies for quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some feedback!