Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Happy New Year!

Steve and Roxie Martinell prepare to kiss at the end of their New Year's Eve dance at
the Pavilion at Sentry Park.  The Mason County Senior Activities Association Hosted the party

I went to the senior center to photograph their New Year's Eve dinner.  Some of the seniors were dancing up a storm and it was fun to see.  

The room is very dark and the ceiling is high and white.  I think that the next time I photograph in this space I'm going to light it up a bit more with my flash.  I have to get candid photos for a newspaper, so I did not want to be too obvious with my flash.  I wish now that I had turned it up and bounced it off the ceiling instead of using my softbox, turning it down and pointing it right at people.  Hopefully I'll be sent to this venue again soon.

The room with the buffet line was better lit so I concentrated on getting a few pictures there before I moved on to the main room.


L-R  Rosie Martin,45, poses while Jackalin Martin,71, picks out a cupcake at the Senior Center New Years Eve Party at the Pavilion in Shelton on Wednesday  Dec. 31 2014 Photos by Shawna Whelan  (no flash)


L-R Joseph, 87 and Vivienne, 89 Zorich dance in front of  a sign that says Happy New Year.  Vivienne began professionally dancing when she was 3 she went on to own a dance school, she is now retired she looks forward to turning 80 in February.  At the Senior Center New Years Eve Party at the Pavilion in Shelton on Wednesday  Dec. 31 2014 Photos by Shawna Whelan  (on camera external flash in a softbox)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some feedback!