Wednesday, December 31, 2014

House fire in town


I heard this on the scanner and it was just a few blocks from my house, so I hopped on my bike and raced to the scene.  I thought there might be nothing to see in front so I went to the ally for a different angle.

A middle aged police officer who was on the scene and watching the alley told me that flames were probably about to burst through the roof.  Based on his advice I went back around to the front and waited until the house burst into flames.

I took my pictures and then I went back and thanked the police officer for his advice.  The police officer had witnessed enough house fires to know what to expect and now I have a better idea of what to expect as well.

Two police officers watch as Central Mason firefighters put out a fire on the 800
block of Cota street in downtown Shelton on Saturday.
(this one was on the front page of a newspaper)


Central Mason fire fighter Roberts approaches the house fire on the 800
block of Cota street in downtown Shelton on Saturday.

Two Central Mason fire fighters on the scene on the 800
block of Cota street in downtown Shelton on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some feedback!