Monday, August 3, 2015

Softball

This was my first time photographing softball.  The paper is looking to hire a full time sport reporter at the moment.   Again I used .jpg and active D lighting.  I was a bit under glassed with my 70-200mm lens but it still got the job done.  I'm thinking about buying a teleconverter for my lens.  I mostly shot at f/6.3 and above so I could shots that were in focus.  

The hardest shot to get was outfielders catching fly balls.  By the time I knew where the ball was going and got my lens pointed in the right direction I was lucky to get a non blurry shot.  Getting the timing correct was even harder.  I was generally just a little bit too late to get a picture of the ball in the air.  I've read that I should keep both eyes open when shooting softball but my right eye is covered up by my camera as I look through the view finder with my left eye.

I was able to get a lot of pictures of the bat making contact with the ball.  I watched the body language of the batters to time those shots.


    Shannon Paine (Bomb Squad) hustles to first base as first base man Kevin Frye (Castle Colman) stretches out to receive the ball thrown to him by another in fielder after it was hit by Shannon Paine.  Castle Coleman won this contest with a final score of 7-3 at the Adult Coed Softball league tournament from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Callanan Park. 

      Jordanne Kumpolis receives a high five from a team mate as she rounds third base after hitting a solo home run.  Jordanne’s team Brothers lost 16-5 Vs Castle Coleman during the first game of the weekend tournament at the Adult Coed Softball league tournament from from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Callanan Park. 


     Jorge Wright age 7 plays in a sprinkler to cool off while his  uncle Brandon plays softball  for the team Camco on Saturday afternoon. at the Adult Coed Softball league tournament from from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Callanan Park. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some feedback!