Monday, August 3, 2015

Summer time

Fourth of July at the Shelton Farmer's Market

I've started to shoot my paper assignments in .jpg again.  When I shoot in .jpg I can take advantage of Nikon's active D lighting.  Active D lighting pretty much ruins RAW images. I feel a bit lazy shooting in .jpg  because jpg files don't need as much editing as raw files, but the paper does not like my pictures to be edited much anyway.

I'm doing as much of my work as possible with my 70-200mm lens and only breaking out my wide angle lens when I need to get really close to my subjects.

4th of July at the farmer's market.  I took the face painting shot due to the flag and this child's
patriot clothing, it printed.  At any festival the face painting shot is a for sure safe shot.

Old dogs waiting to be in the 4th of July parade

WSU Garden Tour

A vigorously growing pumpkin plant blooms and sets fruit as it climbs up a trellis at the Rob Wilson-Hoss garden.
at The Mason County WSU Master Gardener Garden Tour Saturday, July 11 from 10 AM – 4 PM. Gardens are located north of Shelton. ~copyright 2015 Shawna Whelan

) Flowers blossom in the foreground of Rebecca’s Bowden’s decorated house wall.
at The Mason County WSU Master Gardener Garden Tour Saturday, July 11 from 10 AM – 4 PM. Gardens are located north of Shelton. ~copyright 2015 Shawna Whelan

Rob Wilson-Hoss tends to his pepper plants while prayer flags hang overhead and behind him.
at The Mason County WSU Master Gardener Garden Tour Saturday, July 11 from 10 AM – 4 PM. Gardens are located north of Shelton. ~copyright 2015 Shawna Whelan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some feedback!