Monday, January 2, 2017

Basketball

Dec 29 A-1


These past few weeks I have learned that our home school's stadium and gym are among the darkest around.  So I guess I got thrown in off the deep end by learning to photograph sports in our local venues.

My "holiday run" is about to end, the new sports reporter starts Jan. 9th.   My paper has never sent me to photo a sporting that they have also sent a reporter too.   I'm trying to let my photos speak for themselves and hoping they will see the value in sending both a reporter and a photographer.

My 50mm f/1.9 is now my favorite basketball lens.  I like to sit near the baseline and to my right of the back of the backboard to get most of the shots.  I've also started to experiment with shooting from the stands to get a clean background and to get away from the referees who often block my views.



Dec29 B-1  
  • 50.0 mm f/1.8
  • ƒ/1.8
  •  
  • 50.0 mm
  • 1/1250
  •  
  • 3200
  • Flash (off, did not fire)
  •  

  • Dec 29 B-3

    Dec 22 B-1

    Dec 22 B-4

    Dec 22 B-5

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Please leave some feedback!