Monday, September 11, 2017

When the home team plays the #2 ranked team in the state.


It's harder to get good shots of your home team when they are skunked.  Loving my D500 anyway.

With my D500 I can shoot in shutter priority and auto-ISO all night long and still get all excellent exposures. I think the anti-flicker tech is a large part of it. Also I accidentally a shot with pattern instead of spot metering and I got away with it just barely.  Spot metering can be problematic when the camera gets pointed at the ceiling lights in baskeball games, but that is not a problem with stadium lights.   ev +3 almost always, sometimes ev+7.   

Tonight I will try 75 point focus, I have also set my camera to focus priority over release priority.  So much to learn about my new camera.

My side camera caught a bunch of blurry shots.  I'm working to try to find out what the problem is.  I think I need to hold it more steady, I've also tweaked the focus settings a little bit.  I was thinking it was a problem with the lens and camera in the dark, but I now think I can make it work with a bit of tweaking.




  • side line shots ƒ/2.8
  •  
  • 160.0 mm
  • 1/250
  •  
  • 6400


  • ƒ/2.8 
  •  200.0 mm
  • 1/1000 
  •  2500 for daylight shots

  • ƒ/2.8 
  •  200.0 mm
  • 1/750 
  •  12800  for darkest field shots 






  • ƒ/2.8
  •  
  • 160.0 mm
  • 1/250
  •  
  • 6400




  • ƒ/2.8
  •  
  • 200.0 mm
  • 1/750
  •  
  • 12800


  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Please leave some feedback!